ooVoo is a free service and we plan to keep it that way.
We're a global social media platform for connecting with friends and family via high quality video chat, video messaging and rich, collaborative video stories. Millions and millions choose ooVoo for connecting to great people, creative expressions and engaging content. Our apps offer a simple navigation making it easier than ever to use the ever-growing list of features focused on what we're known for - video.
Just like our parent company, Krush Technologies, we're deeply passionate about creating spaces for true engagement, excitement, and interaction. The ooVoo apps allow our users to experience life in new ways, share moments with friends and family, meet new people, and collaborate with others from our worldwide community.
1700 S. Patterson Blvd
Dayton, OH 45409
Additional U.S. Offices:
San Jose, CA, USA
Los Angeles, CA, USA (Advertising Sales)
- 185 Million Registered Users
- ooVoo users are mostly millennials
- The majority of users are located in the USA
- Billions of video minutes powered by our technology
ooVoo was founded in 2006 by Ohio entrepreneur, Clay Mathile. The company was created out of technology developed at Arel Communications and Software (Formerly NASDAQ:ARLCF). Arel was founded in 1982 and specialized in remote e-learning and collaboration solutions. On March 13, 2006, Arel Communications was taken private by Clay Mathile and The Mathile Family and relaunched as ooVoo.
Over the course of the last decade, ooVoo has experienced countless milestones and received recognition for its applications and innovations. A brief summary is as follows:
- 2007: Microsoft Windows app launched, providing high-quality video chat from anywhere.
- 2007: PC Magazine's Software Innovation "Best in Show" Award at the DigitalLife Expo.
- 2008: Video call recording and phone calling were introduced to the Windows product.
- 2008: Desktop app for Mac launched, creating cross-platform capabilities for video chat.
- 2008: Winner of the "Webware 100" award for Communication.
- 2009: Version 2.0 launched featuring browser-based video chat with no download required.
- 2009: The first open API for ooVoo was also launched alongside version 2.0.
- 2009: Introduction of the first air-to-ground three-way video conversation.
- 2009: Version 2.2 introducing business plans and desktop sharing.
- 2009: Addition of international phone calling introduced to Windows and Mac apps.
- 2010: Major infrastructure overhaul. preparing ooVoo for the mobile age.
- 2011: Mobile applicaiton released for Android devices.
- 2011: Mobile application released for iOS.
- 2011: Winner of PC Magazine's Best Android Mobile Product.
- 2012: ooVoo 2.0 for mobile release: Innovative, native chat and optimized video introduced.
- 2013: Winner of the Tabby Award (Android Social).
- 2014: Web app launches with WebRTC video chat.
- 2015: Android app named Finalist for Mobby Award for collaboration.
- 2016: Mobile Excellence Award - Best Social Community.
- 2016: CES Innovation Award Honoree.
- 2017: ooVoo 4.0 re-launch.
Have additional questions? Let us know!